- Economic Development
Travel By Air
- Litchfield Municipal Airport
1201 U.S. Route 66 South
Litchfield, IL 62056
- Phone: 217-324-4731
- Field Elevation: 690 feet MSL, Runway 9/27 is 3,901 feet long and 75 feet wide
- Runway 18/36 is 4,003 feet long and 75 feet wide
- Currently, there are no approaches for runways 18/36, but they have been applied for.
- Springfield Capitol Airport - Distance: 45 MI / 72.42 KM N
- Lambert International Airport - Distance: 55 MI / 88.51 KM SW
Travel By Highway
Litchfield is served by interstates I-55, I-70, and I-64.
Travel By Train
- Burlington Northern
- Norfolk Southern
- Amtrak - Passenger service at Carlinville Amtrak Station 20 miles.
Residents and businesses have access to competitive high-speed services from telecommunications, cable, and internet. Web design, hosting, and other related services are available.
Telephone - Consolidated - 1-800-553-9981
- Water - City of Litchfield - 217-325-2022
- Gas and Electric - AmerenIP - 1-800-755-5000
Public Safety Is Priority
- The Litchfield Police Department is located off of Monroe Street at the City Hall complex. The Litchfield Police Department is manned by 15 officers and 1 full-time support personnel.
- The Litchfield Police Department is the secondary PSAP for Montgomery County 9-1-1 and also dispatch calls for the Litchfield Fire Department.
- The Litchfield Fire Department has 14 paid professionals on staff and approximately 15 volunteer professionals. Litchfield Fire Department proudly protects 10,000 people living in the area of 33 square miles. It operates out of 2 stations that protect a primarily residential area.
- The Department has an ISO rating of 4.
- The City is fortunate to have medical services that are progressive and professional. St. Francis Hospital is a full-service acute care institution. This 38-bed fully accredited non-profit hospital offers a 24-hour physician-covered emergency room.
ARCH Air Medical
ARCH Air Medical Services is a new addition to Litchfield and the Westside Emergency Station. ARCH services residents within a 150-mile radius and transports patients from area hospitals to hospitals in St. Louis, Missouri and Springfield, Illinois.