NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
CITY OF LITCHFIELD
The City Council of the City of Litchfield, Illinois does hereby give Notice of a Public Meeting to present the “Rules of Operation and Governance for Municipal Electricity Aggregation” and allow for questions and input. The time of the Public Meeting shall be at 5:30 p.m. on March 4, 2014, at Litchfield City Hall located at 120 East Ryder Street in Litchfield, IL.
Litchfield City Council Meeting
March 4, 2014
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Appointment Gary Baker to fill the unexpired term of Brian Hollo for the Police Pension Fund. Term to expire May, 2014
Gary Baker to fill the unexpired term of Brian Hollo for the Fire Pension Fund. Term to expire May, 2016
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to re-establish the Litchfield Tree Board as an advisory committee by including the attached proposed Paragraph 92.05 in Chapter 92 (Trees) of the current Code of Ordinances and that the Building and Grounds Alderman Liaison be assigned as the Board’s City Council interface. The Tree Board will be a group of volunteers who advocate for and help make decisions about tree management in the community and provide professional advice on decisions affecting trees including proper planting and care on an annual basis. The Board will contribute to the general welfare of our residents by reducing energy costs, increasing property values, providing home for wildlife, beautifying neighbourhoods and projecting an image of quality to visitors and prospective businesses.
2. A motion to renew membership with the Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation (MCEDC) for $6,939 for a one-year period and to authorize the City Clerk to cut a check.
3. A motion to approve a Resolution creating an “Anti-Crime Fund” and to create a line item on the City Budget for the collection and disbursement of such funds.
4. A motion to approve a three year contract with Five Alarm Fireworks to put on the 4th of July annual Fireworks display at Lake Lou Yaeger at a cost of $12,000.
5. A motion to approve an Ordinance increasing fees for lake lots at Lake Yaeger by $50.00 per lot.
6. A motion to approve the purchase of a 2-ton asphalt transport heater from Stepp Manufacturing of Peoria for the amount of $19,283.
7. A motion to authorize the advertisement for bids of water treatment chemicals for the upcoming fiscal year.
8. A motion to approve final pay application #20 in the amount of $68,385.82 to Curry Construction for work completed with the Membrane Filtration at the Water Treatment Plant, contingent upon the PLC communication speed is normal and the check shall be held by the City Clerk until CMT notifies that all closeout documentation has been received.
9. A motion to allow Illinois Electric Works to repair a submersible pump from the Wastewater Treatment Facility for $1,975.50.
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance creating a Class G Liquor License and to set the number of licenses at five (5) at a fee of $1,000.00.
2. A motion to amend Ordinance Number 2725 and Ordinance Number 2997 increasing the liquor license fees, as of July 1, 2014.
3. A motion to approve the Loan Fund application for $285,700 from JL Brandt LLC Litchfield for the development of a Huddle House.
1. A motion to authorize the purchase of a lift station from Flo-Systems, Inc., at a cost not to exceed $9,000.
2. Update on Henderson Water District Request to add an addendum to contract indicating that in the event of a water shortage, that all city of Litchfield’s users will proportionately share such shortage.
3. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring a 1993 Ford F-150 vehicle as surplus and to authorize its disposal via electronic auction. The proceeds will be placed in the equipment replacement fund to augment equipment needs not supported by current budgetary allocations.
4. A motion to grant approval to the Park District to place a stage at Walton Park. The stage will be reserved through the Park District with notice to be given to the City Administrator’s Office.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
- “Litigation” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
- “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1).
- “The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body… for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.”
- (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
- “The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body. “
- “Sale of Property” (5 ILCS120/2(C)(6))
- “Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(2)).
1. Possible Action to Follow.