Litchfield City Council Meeting
December 4, 2012
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Territory into the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Territory into the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (1st Reading)
3. A motion to approve an Ordinance to set the terms and conditions of the Video Gaming Act for the City of Litchfield as adopted by the State of Illinois as outlined in The Video Gaming Act 230 ILCS 40. (2nd Reading)
4. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring Reserve Engine 807, a 1974 Seagraves Pumper Serial #D73342, as surplus property and direct that it be sold at ďas is conditionĒ under sealed bid to the highest bidder. (2nd Reading)
5. A motion to approve an agreement with Illini Terminal Railroad System (ITS) for rail services for a term of five years.
6. A motion to approve the installation of temporary street lighting by Ameren for an amount not to $5,309.21.
7. A motion to approve a full page advertisement in the Illinois Economic Development guide for an amount not to exceed $4,975.
8. A motion to approve bid of $1,683 for 1974 Seagraves Pumper Serial #D73342.
9. A motion to approve payment application number 1 in the amount of $3,060 to Korte & Luitjohan Contractors, Inc. for work completed for the Lake Lou Yaeger Intake Structure Modifications.
10. A motion to approve an agreement with CMT engineering for the construction phase and additional design work for the Lake Intake Structure Modifications for an amount not to exceed $22,000.
11. A motion to authorize CMT perform an inspection of the Walton Park Dam on a time and expense basis for a price not to exceed $3,800.
12. A motion to approve the conversion from gas to liquid chlorination, at the Wastewater Treatment Facility, to allow EMC to perform the work for a price not to exceed $45,000 and to waive the bidding process for the necessary equipment.
13. A motion to approve the installation of variable frequency drives (VFDs) on the Oxidation Ditch Rotors, at the Wastewater Treatment Facility, for $23,788.00, by Illinois Electric Works.
1. A motion to approve pay application #17 in the amount of $15,322.50 with 5% retainage being withheld to Curry Construction and to withhold payment until approval from CMT Engineer Ted LaBelle.
2. A motion to direct CMT Engineer Ted LaBelle to inform Curry Construction that no further payment requests for the construction portion of the Membrane Filter Contract will be approved until satisfactory completion of the outstanding punchlist items. Included in this motion is direction by the City to complete the punchlist items by the end of this Calendar Year because we are beyond the final completion date of the contract.
3. A motion to approve an Ordinance Ascertaining the Total Amount Budgeted for all Corporate Purposes Legally Made and to be Collected from the Tax Levy of this Fiscal Year, Beginning on the First Day of May, 2012, Ending on the 30th Day of April, 2013, and Levying a Tax for the Same on all Property Subject to Taxation Within the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois, as the Same is Assessed and Equalized for State and Count y Purposes for the Current Year. (1st Reading)
4. A motion to approve the bid of $1,005 for 336 South Douglas property.
5. A motion to approve the bid of $1,005 for 338 South Douglas property.
6. A motion to approve the bid of $2,850 for 704 East Columbia property.
7. A motion to select the winning bid for 314 South Brown property.
8. A motion to enter into an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Illinois Comptrollerís Office for the Local Debt Recovery Program and authorize the Mayor to sign.
9. A motion to approve an Ordinance annexing Hayrcaft Subdivision in accordance with the Subdivision Ordinance. (1st Reading)
10. Information from City Attorney with possible action regarding North State Street sidewalk replacement.
11. A motion to approve a bid from Stutz Excavating for $44,920 for total base bid and $49,000 for alternate bid item for sludge removal from the lagoons.
12. A motion to approve change order number 15 for $20,000, to be approved by committee consisting of City Administrator, Mayor and Alderman Hollo in $5,000 increments, for additional programming on the computers for the plant operation at the Water Treatment Plant.
13. A motion to approve the City of Litchfield Personnel Manual.
14. A motion to approve an Ordinance Establishing and Imposing a Hotel Operatorsí Occupation Tax. (2nd Reading)
15. A motion to approve a Resolution Providing Reimbursement to the Route 66 Museum of $20,000 for Purchase of Interior Furniture.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
Litigation (5ILCS 120/2©(11))
City Council meeting to be adjourned to Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 6:00 p.m.