Litchfield City Council
February 7, 2012
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Appointment: William E. Hicks to fill unexpired term on Zoning Board of Appeals
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance Changing the Time for the City Council Meetings from 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., as approved at the December City Council Meeting. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to adopt an Ordinance Granting a Special Use Permit to Allow a Residential Use on the Upper Floor of a Structure Located in a General Commercial (C-2) Zoning District with a street address of 902 West Union Avenue, Litchfield, Illinois. (2nd Reading)
3. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Sunrise Hill Territory, known as Solar Circle, into the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois, and lower lease fees to $50 per year. (2nd Reading)
4. A motion to approve the Downtown Facade Grant application submitted by Litchfield National Bank for the property located at 316 North State Street for an amount not to exceed $5,443.50 contingent upon completed application and the Building Department granting final approval of materials used and work completed and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
5. A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign the Montgomery County ETSB Agreement for the purpose of effective handling and routing of 9-1-1 emergency calls.
6. A motion to authorize the advertisement for bids of water treatment chemicals for the upcoming fiscal year.
7. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring a 1993 Ford Ranger Pickup, a 1994 Ford F-150 Pickup, a 1997 Ford Explorer and a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica as surplus, and to authorize their disposal through electronic auction and the proceeds of this disposal to go toward supplementing the Police Department budget for equipment and training, through the DUI Equipment Fund.
1. A motion to approve Curry Construction payment application number 8 for $400,108.36 for work completed on the Membrane Filtration System.
2. A motion to approve an Ordinance to put up for sale 314 S. Brown, 336 & 338 S. Douglas and 119 S. Lincoln by placing a minimum bid on 3 of the properties and a no reserve bid for 314 S. Brown.
1. A motion to approve request for proposal for $4,658 to Curry Construction, Inc., for flow meters for softened and non-softened water at the Water Treatment Plant.
2. A motion to approve the appointment of Michael Quint as Fire Chief for the City of Litchfield at an annual salary of $62,500.