NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
CITY OF LITCHFIELD
The City of Litchfield will hold a public hearing on June 2, 2015 at 6:15 p.m. at Litchfield City Hall to provide interested parties an opportunity to express their views as the City of Litchfield intends to apply on behalf of Kaho Public Water District to the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity under the provisions of the Community Development and Assistance Program (CDAP) for a Public Infrastructure Grant in the amount of $450,000. This is the maximum amount that the City can request. These funds are to be used as a water connection to the City of Litchfield. The remaining funds for the project will be derived from the following source: Kaho Public Water District’s General Fund.
Litchfield City Council Meeting
June 2, 2015
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Adam Pennock – 5 years of service as of 1/21/15; Mike Chappell – 5 years of service as of 4/21/15; Sandy Bishop – 10 years of service as of 3/14/15; Art LeVoy – 10 years of service as of 4/11/15; Brian Maxwell – 15 years of service as of 2/14/15; Tom Priddle – 15 years of service as of 5/15/15; Greg Wilson – 20 years of service as of 4/15/15 and Dave Sumpter – 30 years of combined service as of 4/1/13.
Appointment: Carol Burke – Collector of Sewer; Lisa Montgomery to fill the unexpired term of Gary Baker, Fire Pension Board. Term to expire May, 2016; Lisa Montgomery to fill the unexpired term of Gary Baker, Police Pension Board. Term to expire May, 2016
Public Participation Applicant Comments: Jerome Starr re. fuel spill at 1511 Old Rt. 66.
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS with 116,000 miles and a VIN # of 2MEFM74W7WX669445 as surplus and disposal via electronic auction, with the proceeds to be placed in the Equipment Replacement Fund. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to authorize the City Attorney to begin condemnation and demolition proceedings for the structure known as 719 West Corwin.
3. A motion to adopt the Lake Lou Yaeger Master Plan from Badasch & Associates.
4. A motion to approve the donation of 13 bicycles to Hearts United and 6 Personal Computer Towers to Good Will.
5. A motion to approve the purchase of steel square tubing, concrete mix, and miscellaneous fabrication materials to construct horse-tethering posts for the horse campground for an amount not to exceed $2,500.
6. A motion to reject the previous bid and re-bid for a 2015 Self-Propelled Bituminous Paver to replace the current 2000 Self-Propelled Bituminous Paver.
7. A motion to approve the purchase of a 410K John Deere Backhoe Loader from ERB Equipment Co., for $71,500 and authorize the City Clerk to cut a check upon satisfactory delivery.
8. A motion to approve a Resolution of Support for the CDAP grant application in conjunction with KAHO Water District.
9. A motion to approve an intergovernmental cooperation agreement between the City of Litchfield and KAHO Water District in effort to seek CDAP funds.
10. A motion to approve Local Government Certifications required for the CDAP grant application.
11. A motion to approve the water purchase agreement between the City of Litchfield and KAHO Water District contingent upon approval from the City Attorney and upon receiving CDAP funding and approval for the Mayor to sign the agreement.
12. A motion to approve the CDAP grant application for the waterline extension.
13. A motion to contract with Cady, Inc., for the repair of the sludge storage tank at the Wastewater Treatment Facility for $37,942 and authorize the Mayor to sign the contract.
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance amending Ordinance #3414 – Ordinance Regarding Class H Liquor License. (1st Reading)
2. A motion to approve an Ordinance Establishing Prevailing Wage Rates, as required by the Prevailing Wage Act. (1st Reading)
3. A motion to waive a second reading of an Ordinance Establishing Prevailing Wage Rates, as required by the Prevailing Wage Act.
1. A motion to approve hiring one temporary worker to work at minimum wage for each of the remaining Litchfield Pickers Markets.
2. A motion to submit notice to the Central Illinois Laborers’ Pension Fund to terminate the participation agreements for the Laborers’ Local 773 and non-bargaining City employees and withdraw from the pension.
3. A motion to waive the bidding process and to approve the proposal from Pine Ridge Homes for the lake residence in the amount of $111, 963.00
4. Discussion regarding waiver of building permit for the Brubaker Playground Project in Davis Park.
*** Items to be Consented
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. “Litigation” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
2. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of
specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1).
3. “Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(2)).
1. Possible action to follow.