|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Latest News|
|News Title||City Council Meeting|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
June 3, 2014
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Appointment Lisa Brumm to the Tourism Board, term to expire May, 2015
Lisa Francis to the Tourism Board, term to expire May, 2017
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Kurt Zenner to speak on behalf of wave runners on weekends
Andy Scharf to speak on behalf of jet skis at Lake Lou Yaeger
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve the pay-off of the Fire Department Ladder Truck from the Equipment Replacement Fund for the amount of $222,716.89 and authorize the City Clerk to cut a check.
2. A motion to approve pay application #1 in the amount of $103,519.90 to L. Wolf Company for work completed on the Equestrian Campground Shower Building.
3. A motion to approve the bid from Cloyd Excavating in the amount of $5,200 for the demolition of condemned house at 1111 North Montgomery.
4. A motion to approve the reimbursement of a portion of the Corporate Property Tax for the tax period of 2013 assessed prior to annexation date for Lake Annexations for the ten residences identified
1. A motion to approve an ordinance changing the regular meeting dates of the City Council. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to approve an ordinance amending property annexed into the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois by Ordinance Number 3279 to correct an inconsistency with the legal description in Ordinance Number 3279. (2nd Reading)
3. A motion to approve an ordinance designating the west side of Chestnut Street (next to Colt School) between Buchanan Street and Tyler Avenue as “No Parking or Standing – Loading/Unloading Zone Only”, with the southernmost 150 feet dedicated to “Bus Loading/Unloading Only”. (2nd Reading)
4. A motion to approve an ordinance designating Henrichs Street (next to Russell School) between Adams Street and Jefferson Street, on both sides, as no parking or standing zones, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., on days children are present. (2nd Reading)
5. A motion to approve an Ordinance to allow the use of jet skis on Saturdays and Sundays before noon and after 3:00 p.m., without restriction during “off season” from Labor Day Weekend to Memorial Day Weekend and to maintain the prohibition of jet ski usage during Memorial Day, Labor Day and 4th of July Holidays. (1st Reading)
6. A motion to approve an Ordinance Establishing Prevailing Wage Rates as required by the State of Illinois. (1st Reading)
7. A motion to waive a second reading to approve an Ordinance Establishing Prevailing Wage Rates as required by the State of Illinois.
8. A motion to approve an Ordinance for the renewal with the accounting firm Kerber, Eck and Braeckel, employee David Suhrenbrock, as the Budget Officer for the 2014-2015 fiscal year as outlined in Ordinance Number 2509 “Adoption of a Budget Officer” and authorization for the Mayor to sign the Engagement Letter. (1st Reading)
9. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring two 2002 Ford Crown Victoria vehicles and a 2003 Chevrolet Impala as surplus and to authorize their disposal via electronic auction with the proceeds to be allocated to the Equipment Replacement Fund. (1st Reading)
10. A motion to approve changes to Nuisance Ordinance #2989 by adding an Excessive Noise section to the Ordinance. (1st Reading)
11. A motion to adopt an Ordinance changing the Zoning Classification/Zoning Map Change from the current zoning of (A-1) Agricultural to (R-S) Rural Single Family Residence with the conditions that a variance for the front yard setback be granted by the Zoning Board of Appeals, the existing abandoned single family residential structure shall not be renovated or inhabited as a residential dwelling now or in the future, and the single wide mobile home shall be removed from the property within six months from the date of the passage and approval of the zoning change/zoning map change from (A-1) Agricultural to (R-S) Rural Single Family Residence for the property with a street address of 11102 Historic Old Route 66 South, Litchfield, Illinois and a legal description of Lot (2) Two, Behl Acres, City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (1st Reading)
12. A motion to approve an Ordinance for Behl Acres, a Minor Subdivision with a legal description of Lot (1) One, Lot (2) Two, City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois with a 45 day extension for Council approval. (1st Reading)
13. A motion to approve the Downtown Façade Grant application submitted by Mrs. Caterina Vitale of Gianni’s Pizza for the property located at 121 East Union Avenue for an amount not to exceed $923.83 contingent upon the Building Department granting final approval of materials used and work completed and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
14. A motion to approve a Redevelopment Agreement with Litchfield National Bank for the property located at the corner of Illinois Route 16 and Route 66, (former Hardees property), contingent on legal counsel review.
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Territory into the Corporate Limits of the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (1st Reading)
2. A motion to approve the purchase of a used mower from Nail Power Equipment for a cost not to exceed $6,300.00.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. Litigation (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
2. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1).