|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Latest News|
|News Title||City Council meeting rescheduled|
Notice is hereby given that the regularly scheduled City Council meeting for February 4, 2014 has been cancelled due to inclement weather and rescheduled for Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 6:30pm. The Public Input for the Illinois Safe Route to School grant has also been cancelled and will be rescheduled for February 6, 2014 at 6:15 pm.
City of Litchfield
Public Input – Safe Routes Grant
February 6, 2014
Notice is hereby given that the Illinois Safe Routes to Schools Grant is currently available for public viewing in the Mayor’s Office. Public comment will be welcomed on Tuesday,
February 6, 2014 at 6:15 p.m. in the building commonly known as City Hall, at 120 East Ryder Street, in the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois, in the Council Chambers.
Litchfield City Council Meeting
February 6, 2014
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring a 2000 Dodge Ram as surplus and to authorize its disposal via electronic auction. The proceeds from which are to be used by the Police Department to augment equipment replacement needs not supported by current budgetary allocations. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement between the City of Litchfield and Ameren Illinois. This is part of the Electrical Aggregation process.
3. A motion to authorize the City Clerk to release the Executive Session Minutes from the following Executive Sessions: June 4, July 2, (partial), July 10, August 6, October 1 (partial), and November 5, 2013.
4. A motion to discontinue the Litchfield Pool Fill Policy and allow the water filling the pool to run through the meter with no adjustment.
5. A motion to amend the loan approval for Midwest Power Source from the Long Term Fund to the CDAP fund.
6. A motion to approve the purchase of a Leak Detector Tuner from Illinois Meter of Springfield for the amount of $3,975.
7. A motion to approve final payment in the amount of $3,119.71 to Stutz Excavating for cleaning the lagoons at the Water Treatment Plant.
8. A motion to approve payment of $23,012.25, plus shipping, from Serpentix Conveyor Corp., to repair the conveyer system at the Wastewater Treatment Facility.
9. A motion to approve the purchase of a Ployblend polymer feed system from Indelco Plastics Corporation for $8,192.90, plus shipping, for the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
10. A motion to approve final payment to Rodney Hunt in the amount of $854.80 for repairing the seals on one sluice gate.
11. A motion to approve Midwest Municipal Supply’s bid of $9,783.11 for parts to install waterlines at the Equestrian Campground.
12. A motion to approve Cloyd Excavating to remove trees and underbrush from the Equestrian Campground for a cost not to exceed $4,540.
1. A motion to approve a policy restricting Police Department employees from using City owned property for other gainful employment that is not contracted through the City of Litchfield Police Department.
2. A motion to approve advertising in the May/June and July/August, 2014 edition of AAA Midwest Traveler Magazine at a cost of $6,356.70 ($3,178.35 per ad) and authorize the Mayor to sign the contract.
3. A motion to approve advertising in the Spring/Summer and Fall editions of Itineraries Midwest Magazine at a cost of $3,618 and to authorize the Mayor to sign the contract.
4. A motion to approve the purchase of four 12R22.5 G182 tires with a speed rating of “H” to be installed on the 2002 KME pumper from Neal Tire for an amount not to exceed $2,210.50.
5. A motion that the City adhere to the Illinois Department of Transportation’s recommendation regarding placement of signs by only approving placement of signs that comply with the Uniform Traffic Control Devises Manual.
6. A discussion with possible action regarding request from Ernst Farms for crop damages due to the water line extension.
7. A motion to approve the repair of the 2005 Skid Steer Loader from Bobcat of Springfield for an amount not to exceed $5,390.58.
1. A motion to amend the loan request to ACTION POWERSPORTS HOLDINGS, LCC (Randy & Brenda Stretch) in the amount of $150,000.
2. Discussion about issuing liquor licenses for video gaming with possible action to follow.
3. A motion to accept the bid of $8,890 from Nail Power Equipment for the purchase of a mower for the Lake Department, and to authorize the City Clerk to cut a check for the purchase.
4. A motion to approve an Illinois Safe Routes to School Resolution.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. Litigation (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
2. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1).
3. The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body… for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
4. The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
1. Action to follow.