|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Minutes|
|News Title||March 5, 2013 Minutes|
CITY OF LITCHFIELD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
MARCH 5, 2013
Mayor Thomas F. Jones called the Regular Meeting to order on March 5, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Present on roll call were Marilyn Sisson, Dwayne Gerl, Harold Ellinger, Dave Hollo, Gary Law, Gene Cailey and Woodrow Street. Absent was Tim Hancock.
Mayor Jones moved consent item #6, MFT resolution, to Old Business #2.
Alderman Law made a motion seconded by Alderman Cailey to approve the following items on the consent agenda.
• Reading of Minutes
• Report of Departments and City Clerk
• Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
• A motion to amend Ordinance Number 3137 and 3152 to authorize the City of Litchfield to raise the fees of Street Bond from $300 to $750, Boulevard Bond from $100 to $200 and Excavation Permit from $40 to $50. (1st Reading)
• A motion to renew membership with the Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation (MCEDC) for a one year period in the amount of $6,939 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.
• A motion to approve an agreement between the Montgomery County Board and Litchfield Area Ambulance Service.
• A motion to purchase 2 Stryker XPS “expandable patient surface” Up-grade Kits to upgrade 2 existing ambulance cots for $3,700. Price includes 4 XPS side rails and 2 XPX mattresses delivered.
• A motion to approve pay request #4 in the amount of $7,308.90 to Korte & Luitjohan Contractors, Inc. for work completed with the Lake Yaeger Drawdown Modifications.
• A motion to approve pay application number 3 in the amount of $21,919.56 to Baxmeyer Construction, Inc. for work completed on the Tyler Avenue Water Main Replacement.
• A motion to approve pay application #1 in the amount of $22,743.03 to Stutz Excavating, Inc., for cleaning of the east lagoon completion.
• A motion to approve Attachment 6 to the EMC/City contract for the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Alderman Ellinger made a motion seconded by Alderman Gerl to contribute $2,962 of general
funds for the maintenance of the Walton Park Pavilion. Alderman Hollo asked Johny Leonard,
the Park District President, how the project was bid and if they were using prevailing wage. The
Agreement between the City and Park District dated 10/6/2006 was reviewed.
The Mayor called for a voice vote, motion carried.
Alderman Ellinger made a motion seconded by Alderman Law to approve the Motor Fuel
Tax Resolution, Motor Fuel Tax Estimate of Cost and Motor Fuel Tax Engineering
Agreement for the 2013 Road Maintenance Road Program. Ted Labelle asked for the motion
to be amended to also include MFT resolution for the 2012 supplement.
Alderman Ellinger made a motion to amend the original motion to add $1258.12 for the MFT Road program supplement 2012 resolution. Alderman Law seconded the amendment.
The Mayor called for a voice vote to amend the motion, motion carried.
The Mayor then called for a voice vote on the original motion as amended. Motion carried
Alderman Cailey made a motion seconded by Alderman Law to authorize the Mayor to sign an easement agreement with the Ernst Family for potable and raw water lines across their farm
The Mayor directed a voice vote, motion carried.
Alderman Cailey made a motion seconded by Alderman Law to approve an Ordinance Annexing
Territories into the Corporate Limits of The City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois.
(1st Reading). Alderman Gerl made a motion to table as he was not given the information prior
to the meeting. This table motion was seconded by Aldermen Ellinger.
The Mayor directed a roll call vote on the table.
Aye: Alderman Sisson, Alderman Gerl, Alderman Ellinger
Nay: Alderman Hollo, Law, Cailey and Street
The Mayor then directed a roll call vote on the original motion.
Aye: Alderman Hollo, Law, Cailey and Street
Nay: Alderman Sisson, Gerl and Ellinger
Mayor Jones then voted Aye.
Alderman Law then made a motion seconded by Alderman Hollo to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
• Litigation (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
• Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(2))
The Mayor directed a roll call vote to enter into Executive
Aye: Alderman Sisson, Gerl, Ellinger, Hollo, Law, Cailey and Street
Motion Carried and Council entered into executive session at 6:16 p.m.
After exiting executive session and no further business addressing the Council, Alderman Gerl made a motion seconded by Alderman Ellinger to adjourn the regular meeting to Tuesday, March 12, for the following:
Notice is given that the City of Litchfield City Council will be meeting on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. in Corwin Hall at City Hall located at 120 East Ryder Street, Litchfield, IL, for the purpose of discussing the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 Budget.
An adjourned meeting of the Council to follow.
The Mayor directed a voice vote, motion carried.
At 8:01 p.m. the regular meeting was adjourned until March 12, 2013.
Denise M. Lueker Thomas F. Jones
City Clerk Mayor