|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||Agenda February 5, 2013|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
February 5, 2013
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors: Johny Leonard- Walton Park Update
Al Lopinot – Friends of Litchfield Tree Committee
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to authorize the City Clerk to release the Executive Minutes from the following Executive Sessions: June 19, 2012 and July 10, 2012.
2. A motion to approve the low bid of $4,160.20 from Banner Fire Equipment, Inc., of Roxana, IL for the purchase of double jacketed fire hose. 400’ (8) 50’ sections of red 1.75” X 50”, 400’ (8) 50’ sections of Yellow 1.75” X 50’, and 1000’; (20) 50’ sections of 2.5” X 50’ coupled 2.5”. Price includes delivery.
3. A motion to approve advertising in the May/June and July/August 2013 edition of AAA Midwest Traveler Magazine at a cost of $4,756.70 ($2,678.35 per ad) and authorization to sign the advertising contract.
4. A motion to approve the web design services for the tourism website from Craig Martin Simon Design in an amount not to exceed $10,000.
5. A motion to approve pay request #3 in the amount of $102,676.75 to Korte and Luitjohan, Inc., for work completed with the Lake Yaeger Drawdown project.
6. A motion to approve final pay request from KRB Excavation, Inc., for $15,908.90. (Work is now completed with the Municipal Stormwater Management Improvement Project.)
7. A motion to approve Baxmeyer Construction, Inc. pay application number 3 in the amount of $10,000 or less for work completed on the Tyler Avenue Watermain Project.
8. A motion to establish a change order board composed of the Mayor, the Alderman in Liaison for the Water Department (Dave Hollo), and the City Administrator to approval recommending any changes to the Ernst Watermain Replacement. The levels of authority required for change order reviews will be as follows: (0-$1,000 – 1 Official’s Approval; $1,001-$3,000 – 2 Officials’ approval, $3,001-$5,000 – 3 Officials’ Approval and $5,001 and above-City Council.
1. A motion to authorize the advertisement for bids of water treatment chemicals for the upcoming fiscal year.
2. A motion to approve the upgrading of wiring and two breakers, by D & M Electric, at the Wastewater Treatment Facility at a cost not to exceed $3000.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. “The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
2. “The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.”
3. Litigation (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))