|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||October 7, 2014 City Council Meeting|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
October 7, 2014
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors: Bill Meyer to receive his “Fire Helmet” for 15 years of consecutive
service with the Volunteer Fire Department.
Appointment Dawn Pezold, Chamber of Commerce Representative, to fill the unexpired term of Rhea Weaver to the Tourism Board, term to expire May, 2016.
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to authorize the City Clerk to release the Executive Minutes from the following Executive Sessions: February 6, 2014, February 27, 2014 – partial, March 4, 2014 – partial, March 13, 2014, March 27, 2014, April 1, 2014 – partial, May 1, 2014 – partial, May 6, 2014 partial, May 29, 2014, June 3, 2014 and June 10, 2014.
2. A motion to authorize the mayor to sign an Interagency Agreement with Macoupin County 911 (Macoupin County Emergency Telephone System Board) for dispatching within Macoupin County.
3. A motion to direct the City Attorney to begin the condemnation and demolition process for the residential structure located at 1517 North State Street.
4. A motion to accept the public improvements (sanitary sewer) in Route 66 Crossing Subdivision, contingent upon approval from CMT.
5. A motion to approve a contract for advertising efforts with Mid-America Advertising in an amount not to exceed $6,650 for billboard advertising and authorize the Mayor to sign the contract.
6. A motion to approve the renewal of a contract for advertising efforts with R&K Outdoor, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $7,450 for billboard advertising and authorize the Mayor to sign the contract.
7. A motion to approve the demolition process of the Sal’s Building and authorization to solicit bids for the demolition.
8. A motion to approve the purchase of Largemouth Bass at a cost of $1.70 per fish totalling $4,250 from Fountain Bluff Fish Farm.
9. A motion to authorize CMT to perform a Dam Inspection for Lake Yaeger Dam and Five Mile Lake Dam on a time and expense basis that will not exceed $6,500.
10. A motion to authorize CMT to perform a Dam Inspection for Litchfield Lake Dam on a time and expense basis that will not exceed $3,500.
11. A motion to approve the purchase of a T750 Bobcat compact track loader from Bobcat of Springfield for $43,598.44 and authorize the City Clerk to cut a check upon satisfactory delivery.
12. A motion to approve the second amendment to the agreement for the treatment of leachate.
13. A motion to enter into a 2 year service agreement with Gateway Industrial Power (formerly G.R. Power Systems) for the annual servicing of the generator at the water treatment facility for $4,023.38 and to authorize the mayor to sign the agreement and the city clerk to cut the check.
14. A motion to approve an amendment to the Illinois EPA loan agreement and to authorize the Mayor to sign the amendment for the Membrane Filtration project at the water treatment plant (IEPA Loan L17-3041) and to authorize CMT to update the Dedicated Source of Revenue for the water enterprise fund as required for the IEPA loan agreement.
1. A motion to approve the purchase of a 2015 AEV Traumahawk custom type I ambulance from American Response Vehicle for $167,966 and authorize the City Clerk to cut a check upon satisfactory delivery.
2. A motion to waive the water meter deposit fee of $100 and the activation fee of $25 for the Litchfield Park District.
1. Audit presentation by Kerber, Eck & Braeckel, with motion to follow accepting the City of Litchfield Annual Audit for the year ending April 30, 2014.
2. A motion to approve the Downtown Façade Grant application submitted by Mr. Richard Blatter of Kingdom Auto for the property located at 225 West Union Avenue for an amount not to exceed $2,250.00 contingent upon the Building Department granting final approval of materials used and work completed and to authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.
3. A motion to approve the City of Litchfield 2015 Finance Committee and City Council Meeting Dates.
4. A motion to approve Amending the Ordinance of the City of Litchfield Regarding the Volunteer Division of the Fire Department. (2nd Reading)
5. A motion to approve an out of town inter-facility transfer policy and to create a paid on call transfer crew for post hospital out of town and nonemergency transfers and set the pay rates for on-call time as well as transfer pay.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. Litigation (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
2. Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees. (5ILCS120/2(C)(2)
1. Possible action to follow.