|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||May 6, 2014 City Council Agenda|
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
CITY OF LITCHFIELD
The City of Litchfield will hold a public hearing on May 6, 2014 at 6:15 p.m. at Litchfield City Hall to provide interested parties an opportunity to express their views as the City of Litchfield intends to apply on behalf of Kaho Public Water District to the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity for a grant from the State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. The program is funded by Title I of the federal Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended. These funds are to be used for a community development project that will include the following activities: Emergency Water Connection to the City of Litchfield. The total amount of CDBG funds to be requested is $450,000. The total amount of CDBG funds proposed to be used for activities that will benefit low-to-moderate income persons is $351,000. The applicant also proposes to expend an estimated $200,000 in non-CDBG funds on the project. These non-CDBG funds will be derived from the following source: Kaho Public Water District’s General Fund.
Litchfield City Council Meeting
May 6, 2014
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Appointment Brent Lance to the Zoning Board of Appeals, term to expire May, 2019
Kent Wolff to the Zoning Board of Appeals, term to expire May, 2019
Gary Baker to the Police Pension, term to expire May 2016
Jim Ostermann to the Police & Fire Commission, term to expire May, 2017
Richard Weiss to the Plan Commission, term to expire May, 2017
Ron Lovejoy to the Plan Commission, term to expire May, 2017
Carol Stuttle to the Plan Commission, term to expire May, 2017
Ed Wernsing to the Plan Commission, term to expire May, 2017
Tom Franzen to the Economic Development Commission, term to expire May, 2018
Steve Crane to the Economic Development Commission, term to expire May, 2018
Ted Elizondo to the Airport Authority, term to expire May, 2019
Donna Hemken to the Tourism Advisory Committee, term to expire May, 2017
Nancy Hyam to the Tourism Advisory Committee, term to expire May, 2017
Henry Eilers to the Henry Eilers Conservation Area, term to expire May, 2017
Rick Johnson to fill the unexpired term of Chery Welge to the Tree Board, term to expire May, 2016
Public Participation Applicant Comments: Andy Scharf to speak on behalf of jet skis at Lake Lou Yaeger
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve the Loan Fund application from Maverick of Litchfield, Inc., in the amount of $280,000.
2. A motion to purchase seven (7) sets of structural firefighting turnout gear from Mac’s Fire and Safety for $13,272.
3. A motion to approve the purchase of four (4) IWIN computers from CDS Office Technologies for $3,655 each for a total of $14,620, plus eight (8) docking stations for $630 each for a total of $5,040, with a grand total purchase of $19,660 and authorization to issue a check to CDS in the amount of purchase.
4. A motion to approve production and printing of a tourism-focused map from George Press in an amount not to exceed $3,500.
5. A motion to approve a 3% increase for 3 lifeguards at the Beach.
6. A motion to approve a time extension of 30 days, for Contractor L. Wolf Company with the moving the substantial completion date to May 31 and the date of final completion to June 23, 2014.
7. A motion to authorize Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc., to perform the Emergency Action Plan inspection for Five Mile Lake in the range amount of $4,900 to $6,000.
8. A motion to approve the purchase of a new motor for a John Deere mower from Sloan Equipment for $7,592.84 for the Street Department.
9. A motion to approve a Resolution of Support for the CDAP grant application in conjunction with KAHO Water District.
10. A motion to approve an intergovernmental cooperation agreement between the City of Litchfield and KAHO Water District in an effort to seek CDAP funds.
11. A motion to approve the Local Government Certifications required for the CDAP grant application.
12. A motion to approve the water purchase agreement between the City of Litchfield and KAHO Water District contingent upon City Attorney approval and receiving CDAP funding.
13. A motion to approve the CDAP loan application for the waterline extension.
14. A motion to contract White Sanitation for $5,000 to assist the American Water employees with cleaning the filters in the Filter Building.
15. A motion to approve the purchase of a Smart Wireless Gateway from Rosemount, Incorporated in the amount of $4,161.89, plus shipping for the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
1. A motion to approve an ordinance changing the regular meeting dates of the City Council. (1st Reading)
2. A motion to waive a second reading to approve an ordinance changing the regular meeting dates of the City Council.
3. A motion to approve an ordinance amending property annexed into the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois by Ordinance Number 3279 to correct an inconsistency with the legal description in Ordinance Number 3279. (1st Reading)
4. A motion to adopt an Ordinance vacating a utility/drainage easement in the Route 66 Crossing Subdivision. (1st reading)
5. A motion to waive a second reading to adopt an Ordinance vacating a utility/drainage easement in the Route 66 Crossing Subdivision.
6. A motion to approve the purchase of 3 new squad cars, 1 front wheel drive and 2 all-wheel drive, from Wright Automotive for a total cost of $69,800 and authorization to issue the check for purchase.
7. A motion to approve an ordinance designating the west side of Chestnut Street (next to Colt School) between Buchanan Street and Tyler Avenue as “No Parking or Standing – Loading/Unloading Zone Only”, with the southernmost 150 feet dedicated to “Bus Loading/Unloading Only”.
8. A motion to approve an ordinance designating Henrichs Street (next to Russell School) between Adams Street and Jefferson Street, on both sides, as no parking or standing zones, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., on days children are present.
9. A motion to approve the proposal from M.D. Badasch and Associates to provide a Master Plan for future Lake Yaeger development at a cost not to exceed $20,500 and authorization to sign the contract.
10. A motion to approve bids from 1) JTC Petroleum Co. for Bituminous Mixture for Stabilized Base, CA-7 Mix for $138,836.05; 2) Litchfield Bituminous Corp. for Bituminous Material, Seal Coat, HFRS-2 for a cost of $19,517.50 and 3) for the City to purchase the Seal Coat Aggregate from a Supplier, since no bids were received for this item, for $5,035 and 4) to authorize the City Clerk to sign acceptance forms for bids.
11. A motion to approve a proposal to consolidate electrical services and underground installation at the Street Shed. Bids to be provided on Tuesday night.
1. A motion to approve a land option agreement with Compass Ventures for lots 12 & 13 in the Route 66 Industrial Park.
2. A discussion with possible action regarding a loan request from Alply Insulated Panels. Motion recommendation to be given Tuesday evening following the EDC meeting.
3. A motion to approve an Ordinance regarding the Litchfield Volunteer Fire Department bylaws. (1st reading)
4. A motion to approve the purchase of a mower for the Fire Department. Recommendation to be given at the Council meeting Tuesday night.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. Litigation (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
2. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1).
3. The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body…
for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be
acquired.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
4. The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
Action to follow.