|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||City Council Agenda 01-30-14|
City of Litchfield Committee Meetings January 30, 2014
(Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION APPLICANT COMMENTS- As submitted to the Mayor’s and/or City Clerk’s Office.
ADMINISTRATION – WOODROW STREET
1. Henderson Water District Addendum – Discussion with possible action on Henderson Water District’s Agreement Addendum regarding water shortages.
2. Non-Disclosure Agreement – A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement between the City of Litchfield and Ameren Illinois. This is part of the Electrical Aggregation process.***
3. Release of Executive Session Minutes – A motion to authorize the City Clerk to release the Executive Session Minutes from the following Executive Sessions: June 4, July 2, (partial), July 10, August 6, October 1 (partial), and November 5, 2013.***
4. Pool Fill Policy - A motion to discontinue the Litchfield Pool Fill Policy and allow the water filling the pool to run through the meter with no adjustment.***
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – DAVE HOLLO
1. Amend Loan Approval – A motion to amend the loan approval for Midwest Power Source from the Long Term Fund to the CDAP fund.***
FINANCE – WOODROW STREET
1. Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills – A motion to direct the City Clerk to transfer funds from the City Sales Tax to the City’s General Fund and to issue checks and the authorization to pay the bills. These amounts will be given to the City Council at the February 4, 2014 meeting.***
FIRE & AMBULANCE – RAY KELLENBERGER
1. Purchase of Tires – A motion to approve the purchase of four 12R22.5 G182 tires with a speed rating of “H” to be installed on the 2002 KME pumper. Quotes will be provided at the January 30th Council meeting.
PLANNING, ZONING & BUILDING – DWAYNE GERL
1. No Agenda Items.
POLICE – MARILYN SISSON
1. Sign Request Recommendation –.A motion that the City adhere to the Illinois Department of Transportation’s recommendation regarding placement of signs by only approving placement of signs that comply with the Uniform Traffic Control Devises Manual***
2. Sign Request Recommendation – A motion to approve an Ordinance designating Corwin Street (next to Russell School) between Adams Street and Jefferson Street, on both sides, as “No Parking or Standing Zones, Monday through Friday, from 7am to 4pm, on days children are present”.***
3. Sign Request Recommendation – A motion to approve an Ordinance designating the west side of Chestnut Street (next to Colt School) between Buchanan Street and Tyler Avenue as “No Parking or Standing – Loading/Unloading Zone Only” with the southernmost 150 feet dedicated to “Bus Loading/Unloading Only”.***
4. Approve Policy – A motion to approve a policy restricting Police Department employees from using City owned property, excluding the City purchased firearm, for other gainful employment that is not contracted through the City of Litchfield Police Department.***
TOURISM – TIM HANCOCK
1. Advertising in Magazine – A motion to approve advertising in the May/June and July/August, 2014 edition of AAA Midwest Traveler Magazine at a cost of $6,356.70 ($3,178.35 per ad) and authorize the Mayor to sign the contract.***
2. Advertising in Magazine – A motion to approve advertising in the Spring/Summer and Fall editions of Itineraries Midwest Magazine at a cost of $3,618 and to authorize the Mayor to sign the contract.***
BUILDING AND GROUNDS – BOB OSTENDORF
1. No Agenda Items.
LAKE – TIM HANCOCK
1. Lake Yaeger Intake Structure – A motion to approve final payment to Rodney Hunt in the amount of $854.80 for repairing the seals on one sluice gate.***
2. Equestrian Campground – A motion to approve Midwest Municipal Supply’s bid of $9,783.11 for parts to install waterlines at the Equestrian Campground.***
3. Equestrian Campground – A motion to approve Cloyd Excavating to remove trees and underbrush from the Equestrian Campground for a cost not to exceed $4,540.***
4. Duck Blinds – Discussion with possible action regarding waterfowl hunting on Lake Lou Yaeger properties.
STREETS AND DRAINAGE – ERIC HOLLO
1. Purchase of Heater – A motion to approve the purchase of a 2-ton asphalt transport heater from Woody’s Municipal Supply Company for the amount of $19,400.***
2. Repair Skid Steer – A motion to approve the repair of the 2005 Skid Steer Loader. Price for repair will be provided at the January 30th meeting.
3. Purchase Leak Detector Tuner – A motion to approve the purchase of a Leak Detector Tuner from Illinois Meter of Springfield for the amount of $3,975.***
WATER – DAVE HOLLO
1. Sludge Removal Cleaning – A motion to approve final payment in the amount of $3,119.71 to Stutz Excavating for cleaning the lagoons at the Water Treatment Plant.***
SEWER – ERIC HOLLO
1. Repair Conveyer System – A motion to approve payment of $23,012.25, plus shipping, from Serpentix Conveyor Corp., to repair the conveyer system at the Wastewater Treatment Facility.***
2. Purchase of Feed System – A motion to approve the purchase of a Ployblend polymer feed system from Indelco Plastics Corporation for $8,192.90, plus shipping, for the Wastewater Treatment Plant.***
*** Items to be Consented
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. Litigation (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
2. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1).
3. The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body… for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
5. The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.