|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||Agenda October 2, 2012|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
October 2, 2012
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Territories City Owned, Unoccupied into the Corporate Limits of the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring property located at 704 East Columbia as surplus and list the property for public sale. (2nd Reading)
3. A motion to approve an Ordinance Approving an Intergovernmental Agreement Between the City of Litchfield and Litchfield Park District Relating to Walton Park. (1st Reading)
4. A motion to authorize the City Clerk to destroy the tapes of the Executive Session which have been released and approved by Council prior to 18 months as outlined in the Local Records Act.
5. A motion to approve the Downtown Facade Grant application submitted by Rita Holzknecht, owner of Today’s Treasures Mall, for the property located at 120 West Union Avenue for an amount not to exceed $2,500 contingent upon the Building Department granting final approval of materials used and work completed and to authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.
6. A motion to approve an Ordinance for Subdivision Regulations for the City of Litchfield which would replace Ordinance Number 2515. (1st Reading)
7. A motion to enter into a two year service agreement with GRP Power Systems to service the water treatment facility generator for a cost not to exceed $1,385.28 the first year and $1,995.63 the second year and to allow the Mayor to sign the service agreement.
8. A motion to enter into an agreement with Utility Service, Inc., for cleaning and inspecting the 500,000 gallon hydropillar at the water treatment plant for an amount not to exceed $1,950 and for the Mayor to sign the Agreement.
9. A motion to approve pay application #16 in the amount of $31,716.85 with 5% retainage to Curry Construction for work completed at the Water Treatment Plant.
10. A motion to approve change order #12 in the amount of $1,025 to Curry Construction for relocation of air release valve at the Water Treatment Plant. (CMT will reimburse the City for this amount.)
11. A motion to approve change order #13 in the amount of $1,600 to Curry Construction for recoating of reverse filtration pipe at the Water Treatment Plant.
12. A motion to approve a time extension of 30 days at no additional cost to owner. Additional programming of plant computers for an amount yet to be determined.
13. A motion to approve pay application #16 in the amount of $21,843 with 10% retainage to Haier Plumbing and Heating, Inc., for work completed with the Douglas Street Lift Station.
14. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Territory into the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (1st Reading)
15. A motion to approve a cost of $14,291.50 for the generator repair at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
1. A motion to authorize $20,000 of Tourism Funds to the Litchfield Museum and Route 66 Welcome Center initiative to purchase interior furniture identified in the business plan. The Museum will purchase the furnishings and bring the receipts to the City for reimbursement.
2. Due to the need of obtaining a sewer easement, a motion to purchase parcel #15-04-504-008 with a minimum bid of $810.
3. A motion to approve a Resolution Regarding Financial Policies Relating to the Equipment Replacement Program Funding for the City of Litchfield, Illinois.
4. A motion to approve a change order from RCS Construction, Inc. in the amount of $11,700 for the structural roof replacement for the elevator pit and the store room under the sidewalk at City Hall.
5. A motion to approve the purchase of a 1994 used Pierce Saber Fire Apparatus from the City of Edwardsville for $30,000 as a replacement for Engine 807. The purchase price includes 750’ of 5” hose, 350’of 1 ¾” hose, 28’ extension ladder, 14’ roof ladder, 10’ attic ladder and a Honda 4000 generator.
6. A motion to approve change order number 15 for repair of electrical wiring at the water plant for $3,808.47 (plus Curry overhead, if applicable).
1. Audit Presentation by Pritchard Osborne, with motion to follow accepting the City of Litchfield Annual Audit for the year ending April 30, 2012.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
Litigation (5ILCS 120/2©(11))