|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||Agenda July 10, 2012|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
July 10, 2012
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Appointment: Bill Bergen to serve 5 year term on Zoning Board of Appeals
Public Participation Applicant Comments: Scott Millick to speak on statement made at 2 city council meetings that was reported in newspaper.
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to adopt an ordinance increasing sewer rates 3.5%. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Territories into the Corporate Limits of the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (1st Reading)
3. A motion to authorize the City Clerk to release the Executive Session Minutes from the following Executive Sessions: February 2, 2012 and March 6, 2012.
4. A motion to formally approve the settlement agreement against Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc., concerning atrazine.
5. A motion to approve the Technical Support Agreement between the City of Litchfield and Physio Control for $3,580 for the inspection, maintenance, repairs and upgrading of software for the fire departmentís four LIFE PAK Cardiac Monitors which are used to monitor, or shock a patientís heart in the event of a cardiac event.
6. A motion to approve the bid from Macís Fire and Safety for $15,960 for the purchase of forty (40) Motorola Minitor V narrow band pagers which are used to alert the members of the fire department to an alarm and will allow the fire department to be in compliance with the FCC narrow banding mandate.
7. A motion to adopt an Ordinance amending Ordinance Number 3243 to grant a Special Use Permit to allow the construction of a non-commercial club and a cook building to the Knights of Columbus Litchfield, Home Funding Association with the condition that the Special Use Permit is non-transferable and that building permits be obtained before any construction begins. The address to which the Special Use Permit will apply is 208 East Martin Street, Litchfield, Illinois with a legal description of Lot (3) Three, Lot (4) Four, Block (54), Fifty-four, P.C. Huggins Addition to the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (1st Reading)
8. A motion to adopt an Ordinance amending Ordinance #3242 to stipulate that the Occupancy Permit for a cook building and meeting hall be issued within 8 years of the original passage of the zoning change. (1st Reading)
9. A motion to approve the award of grant monies to the Litchfield Summer Gifted Academy in an amount not to exceed $480 for the Academy that was held June 10-15, 2012.
10. A motion to approve the Illinois Department of Transportation Resolution for the Street Closure of Old Route 66 on October 6th for the purpose of facilitating parking for the All Year Class Reunion.
11. A motion for the Tourism Fund to obtain a special event liquor license from the City of Litchfield for Nelsonís Catering to serve alcohol at the All Year Class Reunion on October 6, 2012 at the Litchfield Airport.
12. A motion to request proposals for a beer tent vendor for Do the Lou and for the Tourism Fund to obtain a special event liquor license from the City of Litchfield for the selected vendor.
13. A motion to grant funds to the Litchfield Museum and Route 66 Welcome Center in an amount not to exceed $20,000 to be used for equipment and displays and to direct the City Attorney to draw up such agreement.
14. A motion to approve the purchase of a John Deere 1026R Tractor with Attachments from Sloan Implement for a total cost not to exceed $13,852.26 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check when the equipment and invoice are delivered.
15. A motion to approve change order #8 in the amount of $1,422 to Curry Construction for work completed on water plant.
16. A motion to approve pay application #13 in the amount of $65,521.53 with a 5% retainage to Curry Construction for work completed on the water plant.
17. A motion to approve the installation of repair parts, by Siemens Industry, Incorporated on the belt filter press at the Wastewater Treatment Facility for a cost not to exceed $15,980.
1. A motion to approve a bid for the purchase of the slide gates.
2. A motion to approve change order number 10 extending Curry Construction substantial completion date by 73 days and extend final completion date by 13 days to August 31, 2012.
3. A motion to approve the financing for the purchase of a 2012 Dump Truck from Bank and Trust Company for $24,155.30 annually over four years beginning with the first payment due not later than March, 2013 and to authorize the Mayor/City Clerk to sign such loan. The initial cost of this vehicle is $91,553. This vehicle will be purchased from Prairie State International of Springfield via State Bid.
1. A motion to contract with CMT for engineering services for the removal of sludge from the water treatment plant at a cost not to exceed $20,000.
2. A motion to amend the engineering services contract with CMT for water plant demolition for an amount not to exceed $15,111.
3. A motion to amend the engineering services contract with CMT for the water plant membrane filtration contract for an amount not to exceed $65,000.
Litchfield City Council Meeting
July 10, 2012
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
ďThe appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public bodyÖĒ (5ILCS 120/2(2)(c)(1).