|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||Agenda June 5, 2012|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
June 5, 2012
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors: Fire Chief Mike Quint to present EMS Years of Service Awards.
Fire Chief Mike Quint to present meritorious service pin
To Robert Beechler.
Appointment: Amy Glaser-Koch to serve 3 year term for Tourism Advisory Board
Public Participation Applicant Comments: Rodger Weaver regarding dredging of Lake Lou Yaeger
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance establishing prevailing wage rates as required by the State of Illinois. (1st Reading)
2. A motion to approve an Ordinance creating an additional Class A Liquor License.
3. A motion to approve the proposal from Global Technical Systems to provide and install the upgrade to narrow band capable radio equipment and upgrade from two-tone to DTMF to control the Tornado Sirens in the City for an amount not to exceed $7,779 and to authorize the City Clerk to write the check.
1. A motion to award MFT material bid to Louis Marsch, Inc for $150,007.50 for chip mix and to award bid to Litchfield Bituminous Corp. for Seal Coat for 22,562.55.
2. A motion to award bid to Baxmeyer Construction, Inc. for Tyler Avenue Water Main Replacement Project for $154,290.56.
3. A motion to award bid to Haier Plumbing and Heating, Inc. for $127,000 for the Douglas Street Pumping Station Improvements. A-1 Flygt pump alternate bid.
4. A motion to consider approval of change orders for various minor improvements at the Water Treatment Plant. CMT Engineer Ted LaBelle to provide additional information at meeting.
5. A motion to reduce retainage amount for Curry Construction from 7.5% to 5% and approve pay application #12 for $110,312.66 for work completed on the Membrane Filtration System at the Water Plant.
6. A motion to waive a second reading approving Ordinance establishing prevailing wage rates as required by the State of Illinois.
7. A motion to hire 1 temporary position to work from June to September up to 40 hours a week for $10.00 per hour to serve under the Street Superintendent to mow delinquent properties and City property.
8. A motion to adopt an ordinance increasing sewer rates 3.5%. (1st Reading)
1. A motion to waive the $25.00 fee paid to Aldermen to attend Special Meeting on
May 8, 2012.
2. Discussion with possible action regarding northwest drainage project.
3. A motion to authorize the City Clerk to cut a check to Gary Doss to work on Water Plant’s lawnmower. Amount will be provided at meeting.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…”
1. Possible action on compensation for City Employee.