|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||Agenda April 3, 2012|
NOTICE OF BUDGET HEARING
CITY OF LITCHFIELD
The City Council of the City of Litchfield, Illinois does hereby give Notice of a Public Hearing on the tentative Annual Budget for the fiscal year May 1, 2012 through April 30, 2013. The time of the Public Hearing shall be 5:45 p.m. on April 3, 2012 at Litchfield City Hall located at 120 East Ryder Street in Litchfield, IL.
Litchfield City Council
April 3, 2012
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Appointment: Betty Simmons to fill Dave Hollo’s term on Planning Commission
Kent Wolff to fill Dawn Pezold’s term on Zoning Board of Appeals
Public Participation Applicant Comments: Martha Jackson – Litchfield History Museum
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve and authorize the Mayor to sign the Addendum to the Montgomery County Water Company Purchase Agreement.
2. A motion to authorize the City Clerk to pay reoccurring bills on a monthly basis without the prior approval of City Council.
3. A motion to approve an Ordinance, “Year Ending April 30, 2012 Budget Amendments” for the City of Litchfield. (1st Reading)
4. A motion to approve an Ordinance adopting the annual budget for the City of Litchfield for the fiscal year May 1, 2012 to April 30, 2013. (1st Reading)
5. A motion to form an Equipment Replacement Committee consisting of Harold Ellinger as Chairman, Dwayne Gerl, Tim Hancock, Tonya Flannery and Budget Officer Levi Suhrenbrock.
6. A motion to approve the submission of the DCEO Community Assistance Development Program Flexible Fund grant application and to authorize the Mayor to sign application documents.
7. A motion to approve the resolution of support and commitment of funds for the DCEO Community Assistance Development Program Flexible Fund.
8. A motion to approve the Downtown Facade Grant application submitted by Dan Heise Plumbing and Heating, Inc., located at 201 South Jefferson Street for an amount not to exceed $5,132.50 contingent upon the Building Department granting final approval of materials used and work completed and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
9. A motion to approve contracting Scott Cowdry, Designed Architecture, Inc., for services needed for construction engineering, administration and oversight for the Downtown Streetscape Project at a cost not to exceed $125,800.
10. A motion to authorize the Fire Chief to refinance the 2007 KME Custom 102’ Aerial Ladder Truck with Litchfield National Bank at 2.74% interest with a 5 year payment of $77,600.84 each year and to authorize the Mayor to sign such agreement.
11. A motion to direct the Mayor to sign an agreement with the Montgomery County Board for the purpose of funding the Litchfield Area Ambulance Service and fund the Montgomery County Ambulance Billing and Collecting Service.
1. A motion to approve the MFT Resolution for the 2012 program.
2. A motion to approve the Maintenance Estimate for the MFT Program.
3. A motion to approve the Engineering Agreement with CMT for the MFT Program.
4. CMT Engineer Ted LaBelle to present request for payment application #10 from Curry Construction and authorize City Clerk to write a check in the amount of $409,667.16 pending additional information provided from Ted LaBelle.
5. CMT Engineer Ted LaBelle to present request for proposal #6 from Curry Construction.
6. A motion to advertise for construction bids for the Tyler Avenue Water Main.
7. A motion to advertise for construction bids for the Douglas Street Lift Station after IEPA permit receipt.
8. A motion to award bids of water treatment chemicals based on the amounts submitted in
the March 16th bid opening as follows:
Liquid Alum $484.00 Dry Ton Brenntag
Liquid Lime $255.00 Dry Ton Mississippi Lime
Carbon/bulk $.64/lb Norit
Chlorine/gas .31/lb Brenntag
Anhy. Amm. 1.20/lb Brenntag
Cat. Pol./totes .61/lb Brenntag
Ani.Pol./bags $2.80/lb Hawkins
Hfs/totes .375/lb Brenntag
Sod.Bis./totes .2125/lb Brenntag
Pot.Perm 2.925/lb Brenntag
Citric Acid 50% .685/lb Brenntag
Sod. Hypo 12.5% $1.10 gal Brenntag
Sod. Hypo 25% .14/25/lb Brenntag
9. A motion to approve a Resolution Regarding Salaries for Non-Bargaining Employees of the City of Litchfield.
1. Sale of Surplus Property, as was advertised in the News Herald. The bids will be open May 1, 2012 at the Regular Council Meeting.
2. A motion to waive a second reading on an Ordinance, “Year Ending April 30, 2012 Budget Amendments” for the City of Litchfield.
3. A motion to waive a second reading on an Ordinance adopting the annual budget for the City of Litchfield for the fiscal year May 1, 2012 to April 30, 2013.