|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||City Council Meeting November 6, 2012|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
November 6, 2012
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance for Subdivision Regulations for the City of Litchfield which would replace Ordinance Number 2515. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Territory into the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (2nd Reading)
3. A motion to approve an Ordinance Annexing Territory into the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (1st Reading)
4. A motion to approve the Montgomery County Animal Control contract with approval for the Mayor to sign agreement.
5. A motion to approve a Water Line Service Agreement between the City and Ray and Janice Kellenberger and to authorize the Mayor to sign such Agreement. Additionally, notarized copies of these easements must then be supplied to the City stating that appropriate measures have been taken to completely restrict future access to Mr. Kellenberger’s water service line by others.
6. A motion to approve an Ordinance to set the terms and conditions of the Video Gaming Act for the City of Litchfield as adopted by the State of Illinois as outlined in The Video Gaming Act 230 ILCS 40. (1st Reading)
7. A motion to approve the Downtown Facade Grant application submitted by Cindi Keeton, for the property located at 201 North State Street for an amount not to exceed $2,500 contingent upon completed application and the Building Department granting final approval of materials used and work completed.
8. A motion to direct the Mayor to sign a contract with Laker Petroleum Services of Taylorville to remove a pre 1974 underground storage tank found during a sidewalk replacement program of the Streetscape II for not to exceed $5,000.
9. A motion to approve the purchase of two walk in doors at the central station for the sum of $3,800 from Litchfield United Builders, Inc., to replace two existing 3’ X 7’ entry doors.
10. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring Reserve Engine 807, a 1974 Seagraves Pumper Serial #D73342, as surplus property and direct that it be sold at “as is condition” under sealed bid to the highest bidder. (1st Reading)
11. A motion to approve the construction of a cabin which will be located at Picnic Area #5, at Lake Lou Yaeger at a cost of $6,000.
12. A motion to waive the building permit fee for the new Walton Park Pavilion.
13. A motion to approve the purchase of an overhead door for the lake maintenance shed from RP Lumber for a price not to exceed $1,045.95 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
14. A motion to authorize CMT to perform the annual inspection of the Lake Yaeger Dam on a time and expense basis for a price not to exceed $4,200.
15. A motion to authorize CMT perform the annual inspection of the Litchfield Lake Dam on time and expense basis for a price not to exceed $3,800.
16. A motion to establish a change order board composed of the Mayor, the Alderman in Liaison for the lake (Gary Law), and the City Administrator to approve recommending any changes to the Lake Yaeger Drawdown Gate. The levels of authority required for change order reviews will be as follows: (0-$1,000 – 1 Official’s Approval; $1,001- $3,000 – 2 Officials’ approval, $3,001-$5,000 – 3 Officials’ Approval and $5,001 and above-City Council.
17 A motion to approve purchasing a 1993 Ford F250 Truck and the 2000 Trantex Palletized Pavement Marker from the Montgomery County Highway Department for a price of $3,450 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
18. A motion to approve the purchase of two rear tires for the Street Department’s Case Backhoe from Neal Tire for the amount of $1,775.25 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
19. A motion to approve pay request #2 in the amount of $54,393.81 to Baxmeyer Construction Inc., for work completed on the Tyler Avenue Water Main and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
20. A motion to approve the replacement of 7 walk-in steel doors and frames, at the Wastewater Treatment Facility from Commercial Door and Hardware Service for a cost of $17,119.39 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue a check for 50% ($8,559.69) upon placing the order and a check for $8,559.70 upon completion.
21. A motion to approve the replacement of two 20 KW, explosion proof heaters in the Belt Press Building, at the Wastewater Treatment Facility from A&D Electrical Supply for $7,894.80, plus shipping and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
1. Discussion of a building analysis report provided by CMT on the structural integrity of the Buzzard’s Roost Building located at 109 West Ryder Street followed by possible action that once the property is acquired, to demolish the property for a price not to exceed $25,000 and to proceed with the demolition process of the property.
2. Discussion with possible action regarding the Hotel Operator’s Occupation Tax.
3. A motion to recommend a change order for a contract time extension of 3 weeks from December 5, 2012 to December 26, 2012.
4. CMT Engineer Ted LaBelle to provide additional information for a Change Order request for additional programming on the computers for the plant operation.
5. A motion to reject all bids received at the October 31st bid opening for the removal of the sludge from the east lagoon with an alternate bid for cleaning of the west lagoon and receive new bids for the December Council meeting.
6. A motion to approve pay request #1 in the amount of $52,940 to KRB Excavation, Inc., for work completed with the Municipal Stormwater Management Improvements and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
1. Presentation by Tom Franzen regarding insurance and risk management considerations with action to follow approving renewals of property/inland marine insurance, casualty coverage insurance and workers compensation insurance.
2. A motion to approve bids for the purchase of 314 South Brown, 336 South Douglas, 338 South Douglas and 704 East Columbia.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
Litigation (5ILCS 120/2©(11))