|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||1-5-17 Agenda|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
January 5, 2017
PLEASE PUT ALL CELL PHONES AND PAGERS ON SILENT MODE OR TURN OFF. THANK YOU.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Visitors and Special Guests:
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
1. A motion to accept the minutes from the December 15, 2016 meeting.
1. Administration – Woodrow Street - A motion to approve an ordinance establishing regulations with respect to allowable travel, meal and lodging expenses. (2nd reading)
2. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve an ordinance amending #2635 Ordinance Section 96.186 of the City Code of Ordinances regarding Lake Lou Yaeger and dogs’ restriction. (2nd Reading)
1. Zoning – Ray Kellenberger – A motion to adopt an ordinance changing the zoning classification from the current zoning of (S-2) Single Family Residential to (C-2) General Commercial for the property located at 125 Historic Old Route 66 South, Litchfield, Illinois with a legal description of Lot (5) Five, Lot (6) Six, Lot (7) Seven, Miller Addition to the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois and a Parcel Pin Number 15-05-202-005. (1st Reading)
2. Tourism – Marilyn Sisson – A motion to approve hiring two temporary workers to work at minimum wage for each of the 2017 Litchfield Pickers Markets.
3. Tourism – Marilyn Sisson – A motion to approve the expenditures for advertising, porta-pots, signage, and entertainment associated with the 2017 Litchfield Pickers Market in an amount not to exceed $22,500.
4. Tourism – Marilyn Sisson – A motion to approve the purchase of 40 banners from Temple Display not to exceed the amount of $3,180.
5. Lake – Dave Hollo – Request with possible motion from the Department of Army to increase the City’s local share payment for the feasibility study of the Lake Lou Yaeger, Illinois, Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration project.
6. Streets – Jake Prange – A motion to approve payment of $161,373.37 to Stutz Excavating for 95% of work completed on the Sargent Street Railroad Crossing Construction, to cut a check for $8,492.81 the (5%) remaining balance to be released following satisfactory submittal of final waivers of lien by Contractor and to authorize the Mayor to sign the Final Pay Request and the Final Acceptance Project Closeout.
7. Building and Grounds – Mark Brown – A motion to approve the Crawford, Murphy & Tilly proposal on a time and expense basis not too exceed $4,200 to prepare a Request for Proposal and assist with bidding for installation of a new communication tower.
8. Building and Grounds – Mark Brown – A motion to authorize Crawford, Murphy & Tilly to advertise for construction bids for the City Hall Roof Replacement and HVAC project.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1).
2. “Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(2))
3. “Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(11)
1. Possible action to follow.