|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||March 3, 2016 City Council Agenda|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
March 3, 2016
PLEASE PUT ALL CELL PHONES AND PAGERS ON SILENT MODE OR TURN OFF. THANK YOU.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Visitors and Special Guests:
Appointment: Appointment of Dave Hollo, Mark Brown and Jake Prange to the Lake Ad Hoc Committee.
Public Participation Applicant Comments: As submitted to the Mayor’s and/or City Clerk’s Office.
1. A motion to accept the minutes from 2-18-16
2. A motion to direct the City Clerk to transfer funds from the City Sales Tax to the City’s General Fund and to issue checks and the authorization to pay the bills.
1. No Agenda Items.
1. Building/Planning/Zoning – Ray Kellenberger: A motion to approve an Ordinance adopting the 2016 Property Maintenance Code for the City of Litchfield. (1st Reading)
2. Fire/Ambulance – Woodrow Street: A motion to purchase class “A” uniforms and associated accessories to outfit the new volunteer firefighters, as well as update rank and sizing for existing personnel. The uniforms shall be purchased from Leon Uniform Company and the cost shall not exceed $4,000, and authorize the City Clerk to cut the check.
3. Fire/Ambulance – Woodrow Street: A motion to purchase three (3) dedicated Modems for the EKG monitor/defibrillators as well as two (2) Bluetooth upgrades for the LifePak 15s for a price not to exceed $5,844 and allow the City Clerk to cut a check.
4. Sewer – Dwayne Gerl: A motion to allow for the purchase and installation of new tile flooring, ceiling tiles, a replacement shower stall and paint and materials for the locker room facilities located in the Control Building at the Wastewater Treatment Plant for a total amount not to exceed $4,000 and to authorize the City Clerk to cut checks.
5. Streets – Jake Prange: A motion to approve retrofitting and upgrading the North Douglas lift station by Vandevanter Engineering for the installation of a new multi-level probe to monitor sewage and water levels for a cost not to exceed $4,443 and authorize the City Clerk to cut check upon satisfactory delivery and installation.
6. Streets – Jake Prange: A motion to approve a Resolution for Maintenance of Streets and Highways by Municipality Under the Illinois Highway Code.
7. Streets – Jake Prange: A motion to approve the Maintenance Engineering to be Performed by a Consulting Engineer.
8. Streets – Jake Prange: A motion to approve a Municipal Estimate of Maintenance Costs.
9. Administration – Woodrow Street – A motion to approve an Ordinance to set the terms and conditions of the Video Gaming Act for the City of Litchfield as adopted by the State of Illinois as outlined in The Video Gaming Act 230 ILCS 40 with a fee of $25 per video gaming terminal per year. (1st Reading)
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. “The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body… for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
2. “The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.”
(5ILCS 120/2(c) (6).)
3. “Litigation” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
4. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1))
5. “Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(2))
Possible Action to Follow