|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||2-18-16 City Council Meeting|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
February 18, 2016
PLEASE PUT ALL CELL PHONES AND PAGERS ON SILENT MODE OR TURN OFF. THANK YOU.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Visitors and Special Guests:
Public Participation Applicant Comments: As submitted to the Mayor’s and/or City Clerk’s Office.
1. A motion to accept the minutes from 2-18-16
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance setting the 2016 Lake Lou Yaeger fees. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to adopt an amendment to Ordinance 3409, Section 94.09 Health and Sanitation; Nuisances. (2nd Reading)
3. A motion to approve an ordinance declaring the following city properties as surplus, set minimum bid amounts and advertise for bids: 515 East Hauser, 1111 North Montgomery, 1013 South Walnut, 503 East Buchanan, 1517 North State, 717 South rant and the McKinley/Columbia corner. (2nd Reading)
1. Building and Grounds – Mark Brown: A motion to approve the bid for the surplus Novabrick. (Bid amount to be provided at the Thursday evening meeting)
2. City Clerk – Dwayne Gerl: A motion to authorize the City Clerk to release the Executive Session Minutes from the following Executive Sessions: May 8, 2012; June 5, 2012; September 4, 2012; October 2, 2012; December 4, 2012; January 8, 2013; March 5, 2013; April 2, 2013; October 1, 2013; July 2, 2015; July 21, 2015; August 4, 2015; October 29, 2015 and November 3, 2015.
3. Streets – Jake Prange: A motion to accept a proposal from SCI Engineering, Inc., to do an Environmental Site Assessment for Sargent Street at a cost not to exceed $5,800.
4. Building/Planning/Zoning – Ray Kellenberger: A motion to approve an Ordinance adopting the 2016 Property Maintenance Code for the City of Litchfield. (1st Reading)
5. Economic Development – Ray Kellenberger: A motion to approve the Restated Development Agreement with Midwest Bus.
6. Economic Development – Ray Kellenberger: A motion to approve the letter of credit from Illini Bank in conjunction with the Route 66 Crossings Eighth/Ninth Additions Improvements for an amount of $90,168.64 to replace the previously provided letter of credit #536.
7. Lake – Dave Hollo: A motion to approve the renovation of the Beach House with an amount not to exceed $55,000 and authorize the City Clerk to cut the checks.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. “The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body… for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
2. “The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.”
(5ILCS 120/2(c) (6).)
3. “Litigation” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(11))
4. “The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body…” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1))
5. “Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(2))
Possible Action to Follow