|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||2-4-16 City Council Meeting|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
February 4, 2016
PLEASE PUT ALL CELL PHONES AND PAGERS ON SILENT MODE OR TURN OFF. THANK YOU.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Visitors and Special Guests:
Public Participation Applicant Comments: As submitted to the Mayor’s and/or City Clerk’s Office.
1. A motion to accept the minutes from 1-21-16.
2. A motion to direct the City Clerk to transfer funds from the City Sales Tax to the City’s General Fund and to issue checks and the authorization to pay the bills.
1. A motion to approve an Ordinance for the acceptance of the sanitary sewer for the Route
66 Crossing Subdivision. (2nd reading)
2. A motion to amend Ordinance # 3429 declaring the 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, Vin#2MEFM74W7WX669445 as surplus and to authorize its disposal by Mullins Salvage. (2nd Reading)
1. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve an Ordinance setting the 2016 Lake Lou Yaeger fees. (1st Reading)
2. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve an amendment to the operating agreement with Grand Rental for boat rental services at Lake Lou Yaeger.
3. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve the purchase of a playground from Cunningham Recreation for Area 3 not to exceed $21,236.94 and authorize the Clerk to cut a check.
4. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve changes within the Bi-Centennial annual camping lease, and the Lakefront camping lease.
5. Tourism – Marilyn Sisson - A motion to renew the advertising contract in the Route 66 Magazine for the Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 and authorize the Mayor to sign a contract for a one-third page, full color advertisement for $575 per run, totaling $1,150.
6. Administration – Woodrow Street – A motion to approve an ACH Origination Agreement and a Corporate Authorization Resolution with Bank and Trust Company and authorize the Mayor to sign the documents.
7. Administration- Woodrow Street – A motion to approve the expenditures associated with the purchase and installation of MS Office 365 Online from Zobrio, Inc., at a cost not to exceed $7,244 and authorize the City Clerk to cut a check.
8. Administration – Woodrow Street – A motion to finance the pension liability withdrawal from Central Laborers’ Pension Fund and authorize the City Clerk to cut a check to Central Laborers’ Pension Fund for the full withdrawal amount.
9. Fire – Woodrow Street – A motion to approve the 2016 agreement between the Montgomery County ETSB and the city of Litchfield Fire Department and authorization for the Mayor to sign agreement.
10. Economic Development – Ray Kellenberger – A motion to approve the Downtown Façade Grant application submitted by Diane Riemann, owner of D.R. Design of Montgomery County Inc., doing business as Tri County Beauty Academy for the property located at 219 North State Street for an amount not to exceed $2,500 contingent upon the Building Department granting final approval of materials used and work completed and to authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.
11. Building and Grounds – Mark Brown – A motion to approve an ordinance declaring the following city properties as surplus, set minimum bid amounts and advertise for bids: 515 East Hauser, 1111 North Montgomery, 1013 South Walnut, 503 East Buchanan, 1517 North State, 717 South rant and the McKinley/Columbia corner. (1st Reading)
12. Building/Planning/Zoning – A motion to adopt an amendment to Ordinance 3409, Section 94.09 Health and Sanitation; Nuisances. (1st Reading)
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. “The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body… for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
2. “The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.”
(5ILCS 120/2(c) (6).)
3. “Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under this Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes as mandated by Section 2.06.” (5ILCS 120/2(c)(21))
Possible Action to Follow