|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||May 5, 2015 City Council Agenda|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
May 5, 2015
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors:
Appointment: See attached page.
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to adopt an Ordinance changing the zoning classification from the current zoning (A-1) Agricultural to (MF) Multiple Family Residence for vacant parcels with Pin Number 10-34-326-077 and Pin Number 10-34-326-051, all situated in the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (2nd Reading)
2. A motion to adopt an Ordinance changing the zoning classification from the current zoning of (C-1) Neighborhood Commercial to (MF) Multiple Family Residence for 2 vacant parcels with a legal description of Lot (2) Two, Lot (4) Four, Professional Plaza Addition to the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. (2nd Reading)
3. A motion to adopt an Ordinance to increase water rates 4% for 2015/2016 to cover maintenance and operational costs. (2nd Reading)
4. A motion to adopt an Ordinance increasing sewer rates 4% for 2015/2016 to cover maintenance and operational costs. (2nd Reading)
5. A motion to approve an Ordinance for the renewal with the accounting firm Kerber, Eck and Braeckel, employee David Suhrenbrock, as the Budget officer for the 2015-2016 fiscal year as outlined in the Original Ordinance 2509 “Adoption of a Budget Officer” and authorize the Mayor to sign the engagement letter. (2nd Reading)
6. A motion to approve the expenditures associated with the purchase and installation of a new server and related professional services from Zobrio, Inc., at a cost not to exceed $8,509.99.
7. A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS with 116,000 miles and a VIN # of 2MEFM74W7WX669445 as surplus and disposal via electronic auction, with the proceeds to be placed in the Equipment Replacement Fund. (1st Reading)
8. A motion to approve the solicitation of sealed bids for two new 2015 Ford Interceptor Police vehicles for the Police Department.
1. A motion to rescind the previous vote to adopt a Resolution urging the Governor and General Assembly to protect full funding of Local Government Distributive Fund (LGDF) reserves.
2. A motion to rescind the previous vote to adopt a Resolution in support of the “Turnaround Agenda” for local Government Empowerment and Reform.
3. A motion to amend a contract with the accounting firm Kerber, Eck and Braeckel (KEB) for services to complete the City Audit, Tax Increment Districts (1, 2 & 3) Audits, and Police and Fire Fighter Pension Audits to a two-year agreement and authorize the Mayor to sign the engagement letters.
4. A motion to approve the purchase of eight (8) ballistic vests from Ray O’Herron in the amount of $6,024.00, including shipping and authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.
5. A motion to approve the proposal for Preliminary and Design Engineering for construction rehabilitation of West Sargent St., from Historic Old Route 66 South to Clinton St., from Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc., for an amount not to exceed $69,241 and authorize the Mayor to sign the IDOT Agreement for use of MFT funds.
To Adjourn Sine die
Litchfield City Council Meeting
May 5, 2015
Swearing-in Ceremony of Newly Elected City Clerk and Aldermen:
City Clerk – Carol Burke
Ward 1 – Dwayne Gerl – 4 year term
Ward 2 – Dave Hollo – 4 year term
Ward 2 – Mark Brown – 2 year term
Ward 3 – Tim Wright – 4 year term
Ward 4 – Woodrow Street – 4 year term
Mayor Calls the New Council Back in Session
Appointment of City Attorney – Christopher Hantla
Appointment of City Treasurer – Carol Burke
Mayor’s Standing Committee Assignments:
Administration Woodrow Street
Economic Development Ray Kellenberger
Finance/City Clerk Dwayne Gerl
Fire/Ambulance Woodrow Street
Building/Planning/Zoning Ray Kellenberger
Police/Code Enforcement (in coord. w/Bldg. Dept.) Tim Wright
Tourism Marilyn Sisson
Building and Grounds Mark Brown
Lake Dave Hollo
Streets/Drainage Bob Ostendorf
Water Dave Hollo
Wastewater Treatment Dwayne Gerl
Economic Development Kellenberger Ostendorf Hollo
Fire/Ambulance Ad Hoc Hollo Street Sisson Brown
Equipment Replacement Wright Ostendorf Gerl
Appointments of Boards and Committees
Zoning Board of Appeals – 5 year appointment
Donna Throne – May, 2020
Roy Simmermaker – May, 2020
Dave Rovey – May, 2020
Police Pension - 2 year appointment
Carol Burke – May, 2017
Planning Commission – 3 year appointment
Pam Voyles – May, 2018
Kevin Brumm – May, 2018
Judy Dalhaus – May, 2018
Economic Development Commission – 4 year appointment
Mike Treece – May, 2019
Bob Reid – May, 2019
Ken Elmore – May, 2019
Ron Norris – May, 2019
Airport Authority – 5 year appointment
Phil Sisson – May 2020
Tourism Advisory Committee – 3 year term
Lisa Brumm – May, 2018
Angele Elizondo – May, 2017
Jim Wreath – May, 2018
Mark Brazel – May, 2018
Tree Board – 3 year term
Richard Ward – May, 2018
Please stay after the meeting to attend a reception honoring the City Clerk, the outgoing and incoming City Council.