|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||May 7, 2013 City Council Agenda|
Litchfield City Council Meeting
May 7, 2013
Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you.
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Guests and Visitors: Robert L. Schafer – Retiring as IL Department of Health
Public Participation Applicant Comments:
Reading of Minutes
Report of Departments and City Clerk
Authorization to Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills
Other Items as Assigned:
1. A motion to adopt the revised 2013 Water and Sewer Maintenance Policy to conform to State of Illinois provisions from the Illinois Plumbing License Law.
2. A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign a “Certificate of Local Approval” Agreement between the City and CEFS Economic Opportunity Corporation.
3. A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign an Intergovernmental Agreement between Montgomery County and the City of Litchfield allowing employees of the City to borrow and use the County’s GPS received recorder for the purpose of GIS mapping.
4. A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign a “Montgomery County Ambulance ALS Intercepts” agreement with the Farmersville/Waggoner Ambulance Service.
5. A motion to approve the expenditures associated with the 3rd Annual Do the Lou Festival in an amount not to exceed $19,000.
6. A motion to approve pay request #6 in the amount of $31,623.12 to Korte and Luitjohan, Inc., for work completed on the Lake Drawdown Modifications.
7. A motion to approve the purchase of a tailgate rock spreader from Woody’s Municipal Supply Co. for the amount of $4,800.
8. A motion to approve bids from 1) JTC Petroleum Co. for Bituminous Mixture for Stabilized Base, CA-7 Mix for $187,343.20, 2) Litchfield Bituminous Corp. for Bituminous Material, Seal Coat, HFRS-2 for a cost of $25,347.60, 3) for the City to purchase the Seal Coat Aggregate from a Supplier, since no bids were received for this item, for $6,460 and 4) to authorize the City Clerk to sign acceptance forms for bids.
9. A motion to approve a 30 day extension to the May 1, 2013 completion date for the Water Main Replacement Contract with Haier Plumbing and Heating, Inc., across the Ernst Farm connecting Lake Lou Yaeger and the Water Treatment Facility.
10. A motion to approve payment application #3 (Final Payment) in the amount of $6,404.12 to Haier Plumbing for work completed on the Douglas Street Lift Station Upgrade.
1. A motion to overturn the Plan Commission’s recommendation to deny a variance request from Chuck Feldmann of Feldmann Construction to allow the use of oil and chip for the road surface instead of Hot Mix Asphalt, which is required per the City’s Subdivision Ordinance, Article VII, Section 8.
2. A motion to overturn the Plan Commission’s recommendation to deny a variance request from Chuck Feldmann of Feldmann Construction to allow open ditches in proposed subdivision instead of curb and gutter, which is required per the City’s Subdivision Ordinance, Article VII, Section 8.
3. A motion to approve residential subdivision support for Columbia Court, a 6 house subdivision, built by Chuck Feldmann in an amount of $5,000 per lot not to exceed $30,000 contingent upon variance decision.
4. A motion to establish a policy and associated fees for the rental of equipment owned by the City of Litchfield Tourism Office.
5. A motion to grant Curry Construction an extension from April 30, 2013 to May 31, 2013 to complete programming at the Water Treatment Plant.
6. A motion to approve an Ordinance between Ameren Illinois and the City of Litchfield, Illinois. (2nd Reading)
7. A motion to approve the use of remaining Ward Improvement Funds for the current fiscal year to assist with trash dumpster fees for the Annual Spring Clean-Up campaign and to authorize the City Clerk to cut a check for services for an amount not to exceed $1,600.
1. A motion to approve a Resolution Regarding Salaries for Non-Bargaining Employees of the City of Litchfield.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body… for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(5))
2. The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
1. Possible Action to Follow.
To Adjourn Sine die
Litchfield City Council
May 7, 2013
Swearing in Ceremony of City Clerk:
Denise Meier Lueker
Swearing in Ceremony of Mayor:
Swearing-in Ceremony of Newly Elected Aldermen:
Ward 1 – Marilyn Sisson
Ward 2 – Harold Ellinger
Ward 3 – Robert Ostendorf
Ward 4 – Ray D. Kellenberger
Mayor Calls the New Council Back in Session
Appointments of: City Attorney
Mayor’s Standing Committee Assignments
Boards and Committees
Please stay after the meeting to attend a reception honoring the outgoing Mayor/Aldermen and the incoming Mayor/Aldermen.