|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||May 2, 2013 Agenda|
City of Litchfield Committee Meetings May 2, 2013
(Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION APPLICANT COMMENTS- As submitted to the Mayor’s and/or City Clerk’s Office.
ADMINISTRATION – MARILYN SISSON
1. Adopt Water/Sewer Policy – A motion to adopt the revised 2013 Water and Sewer Maintenance Policy to conform to State of Illinois provisions from the Illinois Plumbing License Law.***
2. Approve CEFS Agreement – A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign a “Certificate of Local Approval” Agreement between the City and CEFS Economic Opportunity Corporation.***
3. Approve Intergovernmental Agreement with County – A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign an Intergovernmental Agreement between Montgomery County and the City of Litchfield allowing employees of the City to borrow and use the County’s GPS received recorder for the purpose of GIS mapping.***
4. Approve Salary Resolution – A motion to approve a Resolution Regarding Salaries for Non-Bargaining Employees of the City of Litchfield.***
5. Arch Methods Contract – A motion to grant a month by month extension to original lease to Arch Methods until City Attorney and Staff can review contract. The contract expires April 30, 2013.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – DAVE HOLLO
1. Company A Request – A discussion with possible action regarding Company A’s request for new business financial assistance.
2. Residential Subdivision Support – A motion to approve residential subdivision support for Columbia Court, a 6 house subdivision, built by Chuck Feldmann in an amount not to exceed $30,000 contingent upon variance decision.
FINANCE – WOODROW STREET
1. Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills – A motion to direct the City Clerk to transfer funds from the City Sales Tax to the City’s General Fund and to issue checks and the authorization to pay the bills. These amounts will be given to the City Council at the May 7, 2013 meeting.***
FIRE & AMBULANCE – WOODROW STREET
1. Approve Agreement – A motion to authorize the Mayor to sign a “Montgomery County Ambulance ALS Intercepts” agreement with the Farmersville/Waggoner Ambulance Service.***
PLANNING, ZONING & BUILDING – DWAYNE GERL
1. Chuck Feldmann Request - Consideration of an appeal of the Plan Commission’s decision to deny a variance request from Chuck Feldmann of Feldmann Construction to allow the use of oil and chip for the road surface instead of Hot Mix Asphalt, which is required per the City’s Subdivision Ordinance, Article VII, Section 8.
2. Chuck Feldmann Request - Consideration of an appeal of the Plan Commission’s decision to deny a variance request from Chuck Feldmann of Feldmann Construction to allow open ditches in proposed subdivision instead of curb and gutter, which is required per the City’s Subdivision Ordinance, Article VII, Section 8.
POLICE – GENE CAILEY
1. No Agenda Items.
TOURISM – GARY LAW
1. Approve Policy – A motion to establish a policy and associated fees for the rental of equipment owned by the City of Litchfield Tourism Office.***
2. Approve Expenditures for Festival – A motion to approve the expenditures associated with the 3rd Annual Do the Lou Festival in an amount not to exceed $19,000.***
BUILDING AND GROUNDS – TIM HANCOCK
1. No Agenda Items.
LAKE – GARY LAW
1. Approve Pay Request #6 for Drawdown Modifications – A motion to approve pay request #6 in the amount of $31,623.12 to Korte and Luitjohan, Inc., for work completed on the Lake Drawdown Modifications.***
STREETS AND DRAINAGE – HAROLD ELLINGER
1. Purchase of Equipment – A motion to approve the purchase of a tailgate rock spreader from Woody’s Municipal Supply Co. for the amount of $4,800.***
2. Approve MFT Bids – A motion to approve bids from 1) JTC Petroleum Co. for Bituminous Mixture for Stabilized Base, CA-7 Mix for $187,343.20, 2) Litchfield Bituminous Corp. for Bituminous Material, Seal Coat, HFRS-2 for a cost of $25,347.60, 3) for the City to purchase the Seal Coat Aggregate from a Supplier, since no bids were received for this item, for $6,460 and 4) to authorize the City Clerk to sign acceptance forms for bids.***
WATER – DAVE HOLLO
1. Approve Water Rates Ordinance – A motion to adopt an Ordinance increasing water rates to cover maintenance and operational costs.
2. Request Extension of Time – A motion to grant Curry Construction an extension from April 30, 2013 to May 31, 2013 to complete programming at the Water Treatment Plant.
3. Extend Contract - A motion to approve a 30 day extension to the May 1, 2013 completion date for the Water Main Replacement Contract with Haier Plumbing and Heating, Inc., across the Ernst Farm connecting Lake Lou Yaeger and the Water Treatment Facility.***
SEWER – HAROLD ELLINGER
1. Approve Sewer Rates Ordinance – A motion to adopt an Ordinance increasing sewer rates to cover maintenance and operational costs.
2. Douglas Street Lift Station Upgrade – A motion to approve payment application #3 (Final Payment) in the amount of $6,404.12 to Haier Plumbing for work completed on the Douglas Street Lift Station Upgrade.***
*** Items to be Consented