|Print News Page|
|Site Map : Agendas|
|News Title||City of Litchfield Committe Meetings|
City of Litchfield Committee Meetings November 1, 2012
(Please put all cell phones and pagers on silent mode or turn off. Thank you)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION APPLICANT COMMENTS- As submitted to the Mayor’s and/or City Clerk’s Office.
ADMINISTRATION – MARILYN SISSON
1. Animal Control Contract – A motion to approve the Montgomery County Animal Control contract with approval for the Mayor to sign agreement.***
2. Approve Water Line Service Agreement – A motion to approve a Water Line Service Agreement between the City and Ray and Janice Kellenberger and to authorize the Mayor to sign such Agreement. Additionally, notarized copies of these easements must then be supplied to the City stating that appropriate measures have been taken to completely restrict future access to Mr. Kellenberger’s water service line by others.***
3. Video Gaming Ordinance – A motion to approve an Ordinance to set the terms and conditions of the Video Gaming Act for the City of Litchfield as adopted by the State of Illinois as outlined in The Video Gaming Act 230 ILCS 40.***
4. Buzzard’s Roost – Discussion of a building analysis report provided by CMT on the structural integrity of the Buzzard’s Roost Building located at 109 West Ryder Street followed by possible action to acquire the property for a price not to exceed $25,000 and to proceed with the demolition process of the property.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – DAVE HOLLO
1. Facade Grant Request – A motion to approve the Downtown Facade Grant application submitted by Cindi Keeton, for the property located at 201 North State Street for an amount not to exceed $2,500 contingent upon completed application and the Building Department granting final approval of materials used and work completed.***
FINANCE – WOODROW STREET
1. Transfer Funds and to Pay Bills – A motion to direct the City Clerk to transfer funds from the City Sales Tax to the City’s General Fund and to issue checks and the authorization to pay the bills. These amounts will be given to the City Council at the November 6, 2012 meeting.***
FIRE & AMBULANCE – WOODROW STREET
1. Purchase of Doors – A motion to approve the purchase of two walk in doors at the central station for the sum of $3,800 from Litchfield United Buildings, Inc., to replace two existing 3’ X 7’ entry doors.***
2. Declare Engine 807 as Surplus – A motion to approve an Ordinance declaring Reserve Engine 807, a 1974 Seagraves Pumper Serial #D73342, as surplus property and direct that it be sold at “as is condition” under sealed bid to the highest bidder.***
PLANNING, ZONING & BUILDING – DWAYNE GERL
1. No Agenda Items.
POLICE – GENE CAILEY
1. No Agenda Items.
TOURISM – GARY LAW
1. Construction of Cabin – A motion to approve the construction of a cabin which will be located at Picnic Area #5, at Lake Lou Yaeger at a cost of $6,000.***
2. Hotel/Motel Tax – Discussion with possible action regarding the Hotel/Motel Tax.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS – TIM HANCOCK
1. Waive Building Permit Fee – A motion to waive the building permit fee for the new Walton Park Pavilion.***
LAKE – GARY LAW
1. Purchase Overhead Door – A motion to approve the purchase of an overhead door for the lake maintenance shed from RP Lumber for a price not to exceed $1,045.95 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.***
2. Dam Inspection – A motion to authorize CMT to perform the annual inspection of the Lake Yaeger Dam on a time and expense basis for a price not to exceed $4,200.***
3. Dam Inspection – A motion to authorize CMT perform the annual inspection of the Litchfield Lake Dam on a time and expense basis for a price not to exceed $3,800.***
4. Change Order Committee for Drawdown Gate – A motion to establish a change order board composed of the Mayor, the Alderman in Liaison for the lake (Gary Law), and the City Administrator to approval recommending any changes to the Lake Yaeger Drawdown Gate. The levels of authority required for change order reviews will be as follows: (0-$1,000 – 1 Official’s Approval; $1,001-$3,000 – 2 Officials’ approval, $3,001-$5,000 – 3 Officials’ Approval and $5,001 and above-City Council.***
5. Drawdown Contract Extension – A motion to recommend a change order for a contract time extension of 3 weeks from December 5, 2012 to December 26, 2012.
STREETS AND DRAINAGE – HAROLD ELLINGER
1. Stormwater Improvements Pay Request – A motion to approve pay request #1 in the amount of $38,715 to KRB Excavation, Inc., for work completed with the Municipal Stormwater Management Improvements.***
2. Stormwater Improvements Change Order – A motion to approve change order #1 in the amount of $14,225 for additional compensation for completed portions of remobilization and utility exploration and to authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.***
3. Purchase Truck and Pavement Marker – A motion to approve purchasing a 1993 Ford F250 Truck and the 2000 Trantex Palletized Pavement Marker from the Montgomery County Highway Department for a price of $3,450 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.***
4. Purchase Tires – A motion to approve the purchase of two rear tires for the Street Department’s Case Backhoe from Neal Tire for the amount of $1,775.25 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.***
WATER – DAVE HOLLO
1. Change Order - CMT Engineer Ted LaBelle to provide additional information for a Change Order request for additional programming on the computers for the plant operation.
2. Tyler Avenue Water Main – A motion to approve pay request #2 in the amount of $54,393.81 to Baxmeyer Construction Inc., for work completed on the Tyler Avenue Water Main.***
3. Sludge Removal – CMT Engineer Ted LaBelle to provide additional information on the bid opening of October 31st for the removal of the sludge from the east lagoon with an alternate bid for cleaning of the west lagoon.
SEWER – HAROLD ELLINGER
1. Purchase of Doors – A motion to approve the replacement of 7 walk-in steel doors and frames, at the Wastewater Treatment Facility from Commercial Door and Hardware Service for a cost of $17,119.39 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue a check for 50% ($8,559.69) upon placing the order and a check for $8,559.70 upon completion.***
2. Purchase of Heaters – A motion to approve the replacement of two 20 KW, explosion proof heaters in the Belt Press Building, at the Wastewater Treatment Facility from A&D Electrical Supply for $7,894.80, plus shipping and to authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.***
*** Items to be Consented